Sports Premium Grant
This funding is given from the Government per academic year (September - July). Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs.
- run sport competitions.
- run sports activities with other schools
2023/2024 Allocation: £19,463
Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils at Staincliffe in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
Key indicator 2: The profile of Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity (PESSPA) being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport.
Click here to read to the full, reviewed plan for academic year 2023 - 2024
2022/2023 Allocation: £19,464
Click here to read the full evaluated 2022/2023 plan.