The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
We will receive funding for each pupil registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years.
Funding allocation for the current financial year 18/19
Priorities of use for 18/19 are:
- To further develop language and communication skills- particularly vocabulary development
- To close the attainment gap in Reading & Writing
- To continue to improve confidence, independence and resilience- Health & wellbeing
- To continue to improve the wider opportunities available for all our pupils
- For ALL pupils to achieve the highest possible standards and realise their full potential in all aspects of their learning
We will continue to strengthen parental engagement in learning, through increasing the support on offer for parents (skills sessions, training in the curriculum and targeted parents’ meetings). We will also continue to improve attendance and PA by working closely with parents and APSO.
Our training for staff this year will include a focus on reading and writing- including vocabulary development, guided reading and whole class reading and implementing new small group intervention strategies.
Funding allocation for the year 17/18
Financial year £138,600
Academic Year £136,950
Funding allocation for the year 16/17
Financial year £139,920
Academic year £139,370
Click here to view our evaluated plan delivered in 16/17
Use of funding and evaluation for 15/16
Financial year £135,960
Academic year £137,610
Click here to view our evaluated plan delivered in 15/16
Previous years' allocation
2014/2015 financial year £136,500 / academic year £136,275
2013/2014 financial year £90,900 / academic year £109,900