Absence and term time holiday requests
Keeping your child safe is imperative to us so it is important we know where every child is, everyday. We are also required by law to keep a record of authorised and unauthorised absences.
We ask parents to let the school know as soon as possible in a morning if their child will not be coming into school that day. We will ask why they are absent and when they are likely to return to school.
This can be done by:-
- Telephoning the school on 01924 326756 as soon as possible in the morning.
- Calling in to see us
- Sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Once the register has been completed in the morning we will contact the family of any children who have not given a reason for absence.
Term time holiday/leave of absence requests
The current law does not give any entitlement to parents to take their child on holiday during term time. If you intend to take your child out of school during term time please complete a notification of leave of absence form which can be collected from the school office.
Where family holidays or extended leave is taken without the school’s permission:
· The absence will be treated as unauthorised and recorded in the school registers
· Parents can be given a penalty notice or prosecuted for periods of unauthorised holidays
· In certain circumstances the child may be removed from the school’s register.