Lots of children at Staincliffe are beginning to blog!
Take a look at 4K's blog and read on to learn more about blogging...
What is a blog?
A blog is a place on the Internet where children can learn to communicate and collaborate with others in a safe environment. The platform we will be using is called Kidblog, which provides children with their own personal homepages. These homepages are customisable and include a blog, which children will be able to use to record opinions, information and school work on a regular basis.
Rules for blogging
A blog can be very exciting; it allows children to share their learning and write comments. We do need to remember to follow a few simple rules to stay safe and to get the most out of our blog. It is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the Internet in a secure way. This ties in with National Curriculum objectives and Computing Key Skills that the children are expected to learn and apply.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our pupils when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
Please follow our blogging rules:
- Only use your first name – no surnames
- Keep safe – don’t reveal any personal information
- No text talk – write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting
- Be polite – don’t post anything that could hurt anyone
- Always show respect – be positive if you are going to comment and always remember that the blog is an extension of Staincliffe Junior School
- All posts and comments are checked by school staff before they are approved.